Friday, February 10, 2012

S2 Monday Matters: Beginning Research 3

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/20/sleeping-through-the-holidays/?hpt=he_bn1

Health and General Welfare:
In columnist Lisa Shives, Sleeping through the holidays,
Sleeping through the holidays are often seen as a way of catching up on sleep for teens, however oversleeping could be a sign of an illness or disease. There are many symptoms of lack of sleep and many diseases a teen can have because of sleep deprivation. Teens do have a tendency to sleep at a later time, and often their sleeping cycle does not stay constant. Electronics also makes their sleeping cycle worse. This relates to my life because a lot of kids struggle with sleep deprivation and when I was reading through the article, I found that somethings that were mentioned were very accurate for me and it was also very shocking. I did not think that there were that great of consequences from sleep deprivation. For further research I can look into how teens manage sleep deprivation and look at further experiments on it and how teens are affected by it in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment